Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A New Outlook on Life

My name is Heather, I am 22 years old, and I am about 65 pounds overweight. I have always been heavy due to poor diet, lack of exercise, and overall genetics, but the in the past 5 years I have gained almost 50 pounds.
I have tried several different fad diets and glanced at exercise videos here and there, and even once in a while I visit the gym available to me at work, but nothing has lasted. On top of being physically unfit, I am also a very lazy person. It takes a lot to motivate me to do something I am not really interested in, and while I talked about wanting to be healthier, there was no motivating factor beyond vanity to get my ass into gear.
That changed on January 8, 2010. I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Never in my life have wanted something more than I now want. I want to see him grow up and I want to enjoy my life with him without worrying about how much it hurts to bend over or how I can't breathe when I run for more than 30 seconds at a time.
I know this is going to be very difficult, and I know there are no shortcuts, but I am ready because I love my son more than I love cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment